Sunday, September 23, 2012

This side of the swamp

So here I am, once again walking in another adventure...woo hoo! =) this time, the adventure is school.  My home for the next year will be a small rural town surrounded by farmland and swamp. (Not too far from where i spent 6 years of my childhood, actually.  Who knew that 14 years later, I'd be back?) Certainly been a while since I've been in the books this much too!  Since being in town, I've spent most of my free time either reading or writing. (Kudos to all my fellow students out there!) Really though, I'm  enjoying what I've been learning so far, and the numerous ways I've been   challenged.  I'm looking forward to all that this year holds.    One thing God has spoken to me this week is to not let fear silence me...whether that means sharing the good news with my neighbor or praying for someone at the store...or even crying out in desperation to know God more...that I would not settle for victories and feasts of the past, but press on to the things God has promised are our inheritance. Even prayer. It is such a key part of our life in God, to see the supernatural made manifest. (think of Daniel's prayers, especially where he prayed for 21 days before having an answer; or how the early church prayed for Peter to be released from prison, and he walked right out of the maximum security prison and showed up at the church's prayer meeting....what if they hasn't prayed? Would he have been spared the almost certain death? Remember, James had just been killed.     Or even Jesus...many times, you see that He was "up on the mountain praying" or "he went off by himself to pray") Yet i wonder how often we allow fear to silence us because we "don't know how to pray", or even doubt the things we have prayed. Jesus said that He was giving us the Counselor (John 15:26) and that He, the Spirit of Truth would guide us into all truth and tell us what He has heard and received from Jesus (John 16:13-15)  He said that when you are on trial for your faith, He will give you the words to speak at that time, for it won't be you speaking but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. (Matthew 10:19-20) Oh how much God will lead us in what to pray and how to pray...and who better than Holy Spirit to lead us through? He is, after all our Teacher and Guide.    So I encourage you to allow Him to teach you, lead you in His ways, and guide you into all truth.  And even to follow Him as He leads you in sharing His love and good news with your friends, neighbors, and co-workers. He will give you the words....He will lead you.  May you be filled with joy, my friends, as you embark on your own adventures with Him!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment