Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Love is Life

A friend and I were talking the other day....about how Jesus hung out with the sinners. Not just the 'nice' ones...but the ones that other people avoided. When we are faced with that opportunity...do we scurry aside because we're too busy with "God things" as the first 2 people in the Good Samaritan story...or because we don't wanna be associated with them...or will we sit with them as Jesus did? A very thought-provoking question. I heard a song today, "You Are on Our Side" by Bethany Dillon. And the things God spoke to me through that song, wrecked me. How many times am I busy with things, or avoiding others...but it's because my priorities are messed up? I mean, how many things that we're busy with now will burn up in the end? I mean, think about it. Well...for me anyways, it's true. The goals I have, things I "need" to get done - like catchin up on processing something like 500 pictures, or writing, or music, or making paintings, etc. There's all these projects I start for myself, which are good in the beginning, but can tend to be too much. Is not our main existence in life to know God, and the second, to love people? Last night, I was studying 1 John 1 & 2 with some friends. Take a look at 2:7-11. Basically, John is saying, "You need to love - just as Jesus loved others, so should you be loving others. If someone claims that they're living in the light, but hates another, that person is still living in darkness. Anyone who loves as Jesus loved is living in the light and doesn't cause others to stumble." I mean, "whoa! That's some pretty powerful stuff. Life is all about Love. And Love is life. (what is love? look up 1 Corinthians 13)
Somewhere in the process of the last couple months, I've let my priorities become messed up. And tonight, God showed me how. He has shown it to me, and won't just abandon me on this steep road to fend for myself and figure it out on my own....no, He's right here with me, leading me onto His path again, holding my hand and whispering encouraging words in my ear. Through Him, I'll be walkin' His path again..not mine. And I pray the same for you...if you find that you've wandered off His path....that you'll hear His voice in your ear - leading you back to His path....which leads to life, and brings light to others around you. Be blessed as you pursue His beautiful face!

No comments:

Post a Comment